cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why list_folder will not support include_media_info=true

why list_folder will not support include_media_info=true

Glority
Helpful | Level 5

The list_folder API does not support getting mediaInfo resulting in a large amount of IO. Will greatly affect the performance of my app.I can accept that List_folder will be a bit slower, but a lot of network IO is unacceptable.

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the post! It sounds like you're referring to the recent deprecation of the 'include_media_info' parameter on /2/files/list_folder. Unfortunately this is necessary in order to support some changes on the Dropbox backend, but I'll send your feedback along to the team.

Glority
Helpful | Level 5

Or you can provide an API that can get all the Media info in a folder at once, which is acceptable.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the note! I can't make any promises, but I'll pass this along to the team.

viskin
New member | Level 2

Any news on this? We experience greate performance deterioration in our service which relies on list_folders, as we now should request media_info separately for each file in folder. Having batch version of get_metadata would be helpful.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@viskin No, I don't have any news to report here. The deprecated 'include_media_info' functionality on /2/files/list_folder is still planned for retirement shortly, and we don't have a batch version of /2/files/get_metadata available.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    viskin New member | Level 2
    Glority Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?