cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Downloadable Review Links

Downloadable Review Links

NLK_Chip
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is there a way to allow viewers to download the original file from the Replay view link?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maxopa
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi, 

We currently do offer Downloadable links. If you're the owner of a file, you can click the settings (gear icon) in the sharing modal to set a password, and download controls for your link. Receivers of the link will be able to download the file if the download controls are activated. 

In the meantime, feel free to provide any feedback or ideas in our new ideas board! 

Thanks for giving Replay a try! 

Max

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

btt5000
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Need this!

maxopa
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your question! Currently, we do not offer the ability to download Replay files. We understand that offering the ability to download files is an important part of the workflow. We're never done, and are always looking for ways to make Replay a better tool, so stay tuned! 

Tzvipi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This one is a biggie, FAT upvote for this feature!

setterstudios
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Similar to the toggle on the Review Link the allow us to toggle on/off the ability to download the video. I would like that same ability added to the view only link. The reason being at the end of a project I no longer invite feedback from the end user/client but I DO want them to download the file. So I would prefer to send the view only link at that point allowing them to download from there.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @setterstudios, I'd recommend creating a new idea in the Replay Ideas section for this suggestion to be voted on to be suggested to the dev team.

This article contains 10 useful tips on how to post an idea. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

nomsg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

how is this still not a thing in 2022

maxopa
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi, 

We currently do offer Downloadable links. If you're the owner of a file, you can click the settings (gear icon) in the sharing modal to set a password, and download controls for your link. Receivers of the link will be able to download the file if the download controls are activated. 

In the meantime, feel free to provide any feedback or ideas in our new ideas board! 

Thanks for giving Replay a try! 

Max

setterstudios
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@maxopa I believe you're mis-understanding the need.

When a project is complete video creatives (like myself) do not want to send out a review link because we are no longer allowing the client to request changes. We instead want to send a "view only" link. But the view only link does not allow us to toggle on/off the download option. We want to be able to turn on the ability to download the video file from the view only link if desired. This is particularly critical at the end of the project when the final approved video is being delivered to the client.

Need more support?