cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 110.3.425

Beta Build 110.3.425

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

79 Replies 79

Emma
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you’re using a new Apple Silicon device, we recommend using this initial build until Dropbox is compatible with Silicon devices in the coming weeks.

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi Emma,

Thank you so much for your message.

Its the first in months from Dropbox about support for Apple Silicon Macs, who are out already from juni 2020 to test under macOS Big Sur Beta, there is not the Big Sur release 11.0.1 out and pretty stable.

And ... it's working all fine again !!

Taro I.
Helpful | Level 6
Is this a Universal build or just an Intel build that doesn’t crash under Rosetta 2?

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

I would not care much for that. 
it simply works, at last !

Graham78
Helpful | Level 6

But what about Windows on ARM? I have been waiting for this for a year now! This is ridiculous. You'll support silicon Macs very quickly but not Windows on ARM. Disgraceful.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

What about Linux too? 🧐 How long gonna be ignored? 🤔 Linux has always supported ARM!

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

An Apple silicon M1 Mac only uses the ARM instruction set but is not really an regular ARM cpu. 

Apple uses a self developed Soc with all components imbedded in it. 

as Apple is going to sell millions of them in the next months it's worth the effort from developers to make their apps running on it. 

and if it runs on an iPhone it's really no effort to run on an Apple M1 Mac :laptop_computer:. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@dolfke wrote:

An Apple silicon M1 Mac only uses the ARM instruction set but is not really an ARM cpu. 

Hi @dolfke,

🙂 Just to avoid some confusion. 😉  "ARM" (and all its versions) is a standard defining instruction set, nothing more! How the instruction set will be implemented from every one hardware provider is decision of the corresponding hardware provider. ARM main aim is ensure binary execution code compatibility (software point of view) between machines coming from different providers. Are all chips, used as interfaces for WiFi, USB, or other, using mandatory same implementation (WiFi, USB, and others are standards)? Not actually; they are functionally compatible, as the standards state! In this context, what is the meaning of your statement I have cited above (and not only)?! One implementation, whatever is, either match the ARM or not! There is NOT something like "not really". Can you figure out a situation where some particular product (whatever is - not necessary technical) can match applicable standard "not really"? What is the impression such a product (some food, for example) would let you with? As far as I know all new Apple machines are using CPUs matching ARM. If you can, please clarify what you mean "not really"; 🧐 what is it really? 🤔 ... Rhetorical question of course... 👍

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

An M1 is a (Apple engineered, ARM like) Soc, that includes much more than only the cpu. 

maybe I expressed myself too briefly. 

Need more support?