cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 110.3.425

Beta Build 110.3.425

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

79 Replies 79

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @leftnotracks; sorry to jump in here, but have you tried any more recent builds of the desktop app?

The latest stable version, for example, is the 116.4.368 one. Which one are you running at the moment?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@leftnotracks  wrote:

I just downloaded and installed the latest version. It was 116.4.368, Intel only.

Any update on native Apple Silicon support?

@Walter wrote:
Hey there @leftnotracks; sorry to jump in here, but have you tried any more recent builds of the desktop app?

The latest stable version, for example, is the 116.4.368 one. Which one are you running at the moment?

@Walter, Which one is more recent? 🤔 ... and what about actual question - "native" version?!!! Is there any such version?! 🧐

leftnotracks
Helpful | Level 6

Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Dropbox from https://www.dropbox.com/install. The installer is a Universal binary. This installed version 116.4.368, which is Intel only. At least, that was the version number reported by the Finder’s Get Info window  immediately after installation. After launching Dropbox I noticed the version number has changed. It is now 117.3.353, also Intel only.

There still appears to be no native Apple Silicon version available anywhere. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @leftnotracks,

If you want to avoid install betas, just turn off "Early releases" in your account settings.

leftnotracks
Helpful | Level 6

I don’t see that option. I don’t know if it is on. There is no setting I can find on the Dropbox website, either.

1D2722AF-B80E-456A-AD10-550F777AC865.png

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @leftnotracks,

🙂 I have never said to look on Account Preferences, what you are actually doing! In my post is "Account Settings". 😉 Follow the link and find "Early releases" there. Make sure it's turn off. Since your version is automatically updated to beta, this is turn definitely on now.

Hope this helps.

leftnotracks
Helpful | Level 6

Ah, found it. I was searching for instances of the word "Beta". I see the option is on. Since my goal is to have a native Apple Silicon version of Dropbox and this setting so far has no effect on that I think I’ll leave it on. If a stable native version eventually is available it will probably appear there first.

Emma
Community Manager

Hi @leftnotracks,

Apologies for the delayed reply here. This stable build is compatible with Apple Silicon devices. 

alexclst
Helpful | Level 5

@Emma  Stable does not equal Native. It doesn’t appear that this version is native, as it is an older version number than what I have installed (118.3.421) and what I have still relies on Rosetta 2. So when will an Apple Silicon Native build of Dropbox arrive, in beta or stable?

TJ Luoma
Collaborator | Level 9
Why is Dropbox, inc. ignoring the fact that Apple Silicon Macs have been available for many months?

Your silence as a company is extremely odd.
Need more support?