cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 138.3.2340

Beta Build 138.3.2340

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

2 Replies 2

Robert J.
Collaborator | Level 9

@clientreleases

With this Windows beta build, and the previous one, it is difficult/impossible to keep the Dropbox icon on the taskbar after the automatic update has taken place.

Even if I set the icon to be on the taskbar in the "Taskbar Settings / Select which items appear on the taskbar" window, it returns to the hidden icons popup menu the next time I log in. In that menu window  I can see two icons for Dropbox, one of which I think is a phantom one associated with the previous installed version, and I suspect of causing the problem.

I think I've found a workaround, which it to download and run the Standard Installer, which re-installs the same beta version, but seems to do a more thorough job of cleaning up any registry entries associated with the previous version.

Robert J.
Collaborator | Level 9

@clientreleases 

Just to clarify, the two Dropbox icons appear in the "Taskbar Settings / Select which items appear on the taskbar" window, not in the hidden items popup menu.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robert J. Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?