cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 141.3.3144

Beta Build 141.3.3144

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

20 Replies 20

huntoi
New member | Level 2

Hello - how would I know if I'm running the Apple M1 version of Dropbox? This is the current version I have and already opted in to 
early releases and waited a day. I believe I'm running the M1 Dropbox app now since Dropbox restarted and from a visual standpoint I see that the green checkmarks for synced files are now darker green as opposed to lighter green before.

matism
Helpful | Level 5

You can see which version you're running in the activity monitor. Just add the "kind" column:

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 08.09.33.png

Another way is to show the info window (right click the application -> Get Info) for the application:

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 08.10.56.png

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Activity Monitor shows each process as Apple or Intel in the "Kind" column.

The "Kind" column is not checked by default.

Turn it on in menubar > View > Columns.

huntoi
New member | Level 2

Thank you both! Very helpful and now I can see which other apps are running natively or not.

One thing I noticed is that while the Dropbox background app runs natively now, the app via the icon is not. Meaning that when I click on "Get Info" for the app in Finder it reads that it's Intel:

huntoi_0-1642750996760.png

But the background task of Dropbox that operates behind the scenes reads the kind as "Apple"

huntoi_1-1642751094957.png

To investigate further I learned about looking through "System Information" to check the kind of all apps on my Mac. Dropbox shows up twice - once as Apple Silicon and the other as Intel:

huntoi_2-1642751232543.png

How can I clean this up?

donawalt
Collaborator | Level 9

Actually, I am on 141.3.3144 as of this morning, and all my processes now show intel not Apple Silicon - and I am on an M1 Max MacBook Pro; what's going on?:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 6.20.00 AM.png

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Dropbox personnel said in another thread that the silicon version of betas was being released selectively until end of month. The same build number can be silicon or Intel.  I was put back onto Intel after being on Silicon, then back to silicon again. 

Baratunde
Helpful | Level 6

I get "Smart Sync is experiencing an issue" constantly on the M1 builds. Is Smart Sync not yet supported on M1 builds? It would be great to know so I stop wasting my time looking for mystery fixes on the internet. 

ettoremazza
Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot capture is broken, the link copied is something like https://capture.dropbox.com/zoOSqQivoeJoeVMm?src=ss and it doesn't work indeed. all I get is the screen "Capture is uploading...", but the file is already uploaded to dropbox. only the link is not working.

I don't have Capture installed. It only happens on my account; on my wife account, on the same pc, it works correctly and the link works

MattToner
Explorer | Level 4

I have had this issue for a week or so now, currently open with tech support.

the way I managed to fix it was to untick syncing my files then ticking them one folder at a time and waiting for it to sync online, then doing the next folder and so on, with just over 1m files in dropbox, it took a few hours!, but it has now been stable since.

but if I tick the box that says 'select all' it just ignores smart sync and downloads all the files. (well tries before it fills my hard drive up!)

Need more support?