cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 144.3.4464

Beta Build 144.3.4464

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

16 Replies 16

Mark
Super User II

So what is new @clientreleases ?

corcuman
Helpful | Level 6

MacOS version (MBP Intel 2020) as well as the previous version, stuck in syncing files. It says it's syncing but the number of files is not decreasing.

If you make any change in local or in cloud is not synced in the other side.

--

Jorge Corcuera Molina

corcuman
Helpful | Level 6

So, that make it useless.

corcuman
Helpful | Level 6

Error showed in console app:

System Policy: DropboxFileProvi(44266) deny(1) system-privilege 10006
Violation:       deny(1) system-privilege 10006
Process:         DropboxFileProvi [44266]
Path:            /Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/PlugIns/DropboxFileProvider.appex/Contents/MacOS/DropboxFileProvider
Load Address:    0x10126a000
Identifier:      com.getdropbox.dropbox.fileprovider
Version:         144.3.4464 (144.3.4464)
Code Type:       x86_64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [1]
Responsible:     /Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/PlugIns/DropboxFileProvider.appex/Contents/MacOS/DropboxFileProvider
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2022-03-11 09:17:09.115 GMT+1
OS Version:      macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)
Release Type:    User
Report Version:  8

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi @corcuman ,

I have posted a solution here that has worked for many of to get the betas to sync. No guarantees it will work for you, but feel free to give it a shot. 🙂

corcuman
Helpful | Level 6
Hi JWL Photo,

I can't access your solution because I don't have enough privileges. ¿Could yo be so kind to email me that solution? I'm very interested.

--
Jorge Corcuera
[email removed as per Community Guidelines

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi @corcuman !

I'm not sure why you shouldn't be able to access the thread, but this is the "meat" of it:

1. Make sure everything is currently synced using your current stable build of the app.
  2. Backup anything on Dropbox that you can't afford to lose.
  3. Make sure you have "Early Releases" turned on in your online settings.
  4. Disconnect your current app/computer from your account by either:
    1. Signing out of the app on your computer OR
    2. Going to your account online and disconnecting your computer (device) from the account in the Security section of your settings (probably the better way to do it).
  5. Uninstall the Dropbox app from your computer (using an uninstaller like CleanMyMac is best).
  6. OPTIONAL: Trash the old Dropbox folder from Users/<YourUserID> (the new files will be in /Users/<YourUserID>/Library/CloudStorage, so the old files are just taking up space)
  7. Download the most recent beta "Universal Installer" from Desktop Client Builds (Note: the version number may not correspond to what you actually get installed. E.g., my current beta version is 145.2.2188, while the latest downloadable beta version is 144.3.4464. Using the universal installer [with "Early Releases" turned on] will get you whatever is the latest MacOS 12.3 version.)
  8. Install the app and it should walk you through setting it up as a "clean" install and require you to sign back in. This will trigger a new synchronization of your (chosen) folders. You will have to download any that you want offline again, since they are being moved to CloudStorage (which is why I said you could remove your old folder that showed up under "Favorites.")
  9. Things should work at that point!

corcuman
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you so much.

--

Jorge Corcuera

ottofrankotto
New member | Level 2

Hi @JWLPhoto

I followed these instructions to prepare my Mac mini M1 for MacOS12.3. 

Strange enough, using both the offline and universal installer i still have the option to choose a Dropbox folder location instead of being locked to ~/Library/CloudStorage/. Then I went ahead and updated this machine to MacOS12.3 today, but it still offers a choice of Dropbox folder location.

I have a more recently purchased Macbook Air m1 (exact same configuration as Mac mini) that used the ~/Library/CloudStorage/ folder on initial install of Dropbox. 

Not sure whats behind this, the hardware is essentially the same between both computers and the Mac mini has 12.3 installed. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JWL Photo Collaborator | Level 10
    pollycat Helpful | Level 6
    voidheart Explorer | Level 4
    ottofrankotto New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?