cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 29.3.18

Beta Build 29.3.18

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

18 Replies 18

Clayton D.
Explorer | Level 4

Installed, no issues.

JPach
Helpful | Level 6

Since last beta, language is changed from spanish to english, well, Dropbox language setting is System Language, my systems language is not changed and is spanish. I tryied to force Dropbox language setting to Spanish and apply, accept, close and reopen Dropbox, but it's allways shown in english!!

Any solution?

silverlox
Helpful | Level 6

Failed to connect to the driver: -2147024894, retrying in 1000 milliseconds

The above error only appears if Dropbox is installed. It relates to a source of DbxSvc that appears very frequently in the Windows logs for applications. Does not seem to cause any problems, however it drowns out any other messages that may appear. 

Would appreciate it being fixed as I had problems with Office 2013 and this makes it difficult to trace.

I have un-installed and re-installed - looked for beta versions but they are all way older than the installed 29.3.18

Mike

Monk
New member | Level 2

Me too.

80k + events on event vieawer, WTF?

Stop app and service, bad perfomance on HDD.

DimonVideo
New member | Level 2

Failed to connect to the driver: -2147024894, retrying in 1000 milliseconds

dropbox crashes

Ron Y.4
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue.  29.4.20 installed tonight!  WTF?  Not working for me!  Fix this! 

Ron Y.4
New member | Level 2

Okay sorry for jumping the gun!  Had to reboot and wait for the service to finally find the driver and sync.  I received no indication that it was still installing.  😞  But at least it's working again!  Yaaah!

hermescostell
New member | Level 2

v29.4.20

Still happening on my computer. After many reboots. Once per second, all day long. This issue appears to have been happening since November if you look in the forums.

macke
New member | Level 2

This happened to me yesterday as well. Version 29.4.20 on Win10 x64. DbxSvc service is totally spamming the Application event log with one log entry each second. Tried to uninstalled Dropbox, then reinstalled it and also rebooted numerous times but the problem still exists! I stopped the service and set it Manual start. Dropbox seems to sync and work just fine without it. However, I guess the problem will come back when the next update gets installed.

Please fix this very annoying bug ASAP!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

merlinus98 New member | Level 2
    RDeVries New member | Level 2
    bn Dropbox Staff
    TheTacoMonster New member | Level 2
    nairbox New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?