cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 55.3.167

Beta Build 55.3.167

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

18 Replies 18

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@workboy macos 10.14 isn't completely supported yet because it's still in beta. If you notice any issues, please let us know!

@Mads Ulrik S. Thanks for reporting that issue! We'll investigate it internally.

@artministry Yes, if everything goes according to schedule, the v55 build should be promoted to stable sometime next week. After it's promoted to stable, autoupdate will update everyone to it.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@Tom_R wrote:

Suddenly, when I move files to subfolders in my dropbox, I get weird messages, asking me whether I really want to remove them from Dropbox. What gives?

macOS 10.13.6

Dropbox beta 55.3.167

Did you move the files from outside of a shared folder into a shared folder? If so, I believe the message is there to warn you that the file technically isn't in your Dropbox anymore, it's in a shared space. If that's the case, then I can let the team know to see if they can make the message more clear.

If that wasn't the case, then it may be an issue that we need to fix.

artministry
Explorer | Level 4
My beta build 55.3.167 has auto updated to 168, so it’s good to know auto update is working. Dropbox also seems to be behaving correctly, syncing desktop files as well as mobile devices. I haven’t had a chance to verify in-depth but will do so and report back.

Mads Ulrik S.
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I have tried to check the settings, but Dropbox is only visibel in "Accessibility". It has auto update to 55.3.168, but it's still just spinning. Enjoy the weekend.  

Dan_Drogynous
Explorer | Level 4

":

@workboy wrote:

Hi, is this version working normally with Mac OS 10.14 = Mojave public Beta 4

thanks

I think that everything works really effectively and I appreciate the team letting me try out the new beta g-mail. "

artministry
Explorer | Level 4

I spoke too soon. It did update, but is still erratic on Mojave. It’s either taking forever to sync, or it’s just spinning.

Tony A.
Helpful | Level 6
I’m wondering if the issues here regarding Mojave were fixed with version 55.3.168. Personally none of these issues came up in my system, not even with the first release of Mojave beta. From the problems described, they seem to point to a question of permission/ownership.

If they persist, I suggest posting your reports in the current beta version thread, where I might have a couple of fixes to try.

Verwijs
Helpful | Level 6

With stable version, choosing a diffrent location for dropbox folder crashes the app.. this beta version work fine 🙂 

choose location dropbox folderchoose location dropbox folder

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff
Thank you for reporting issues with Mojave. We are working on it.As Mojave is not generally available yet, we do not fully support it.
Need more support?