cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 112.4.321

Stable Build 112.4.321

Dropboxer
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

11 Replies 11

Re: Stable Build 112.4.321

Helpful | Level 7

Another release that crashes every 5 minutes (thumbs down)

Explorer | Level 4

Having very slow sync problems with this version. Going back to 112.3.254.

Helpful | Level 5

Suddenly folder's have disappeared on computer, that still appear on the sync folders.

Are we beck to the 5 second testing days

Helpful | Level 5

This version seems to be very buggy. 

I have Dropbox installed in one PC for over a year without much issue until this update. 

After updated to 112.4.321, Dropbox gets stuck every few hours. I had to manually kill it in the 'Task Manager' and restart it. Once restarted, it would be good for another few hours, til it got stuck again. Very frustrating. Request for support (ticket #1176517, but did not get much help. 

Manually upgraded to the next beta version 113.3.427.  I can notice this version is much more responsive than the previous one. Hopefully it is back to normal.

Helpful | Level 7

Thanks for the tip.

Explorer | Level 4

Yes, thank you for the tip xiaoleihu! We are experiencing exactly the same issue. I will attempt to install the beta version.

Helpful | Level 6

@xiaoleihu wrote:

After updated to 112.4.321, Dropbox gets stuck every few hours. I had to manually kill it in the 'Task Manager' and restart it. Once restarted, it would be good for another few hours, til it got stuck again.

Since there's no "I'm having this issue too" type button, I'll just state that I'm having this issue on macOS (11.1 on an M1 powerbook) too. It'll get stuck (just says it's uploading a file - different file each time - and never finishes uploading the file). I have to quit and re-run Dropbox. Quitting takes about 3 minutes, and once I run it again, it syncs the files it needs to and works fine for a while. Don't really want to jump to a beta build for my main development machine, but it's good to know that 113.3.427 probably fixes it, so I hope the next stable build will also fix it.

Helpful | Level 5

Sorry, Grant6, I have to give you the bad news. That beta version does not work either, at least not for me. It still has the same issue, saying it's uploading a file - different file each time - and never finishes uploading the file. At moment like this, if I open the Dropbox root folder, all the Dropbox sync marks (the green or the blue marks) on subfolders disappear. 

I opened a ticket and had multiple conversations with Dropbox tech. But he kept blaming the Windows system, not Dropbox itself. To be clear, I ran Dropbox in a virtual PC. What the tech said kind of makes sense that the virtual environment is not stable or predictable and might cause Dropbox issues. But I have been using this virtual PC for over a year. It did not have any sync issue until this version of Dropbox. 

So according to Dropbox, there is nothing wrong with the latest version. We are just a few unlucky users. 

So, I did a little app to kill and restart Dropbox every few hours. So far so good. But, still, sorry about the bad news.

Helpful | Level 6

@xiaoleihu wrote:

Sorry, Grant6, I have to give you the bad news. That beta version does not work either, at least not for me. It still has the same issue, saying it's uploading a file - different file each time - and never finishes uploading the file. At moment like this, if I open the Dropbox root folder, all the Dropbox sync marks (the green or the blue marks) on subfolders disappear. 

I opened a ticket and had multiple conversations with Dropbox tech. But he kept blaming the Windows system, not Dropbox itself. To be clear, I ran Dropbox in a virtual PC. What the tech said kind of makes sense that the virtual environment is not stable or predictable and might cause Dropbox issues. But I have been using this virtual PC for over a year. It did not have any sync issue until this version of Dropbox. 

So according to Dropbox, there is nothing wrong with the latest version. We are just a few unlucky users. 

So, I did a little app to kill and restart Dropbox every few hours. So far so good. But, still, sorry about the bad news.

Thanks for the update. I'll troubleshoot some more instead of waiting for a new version of Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?