cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 63.4.107

Stable Build 63.4.107

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

3 Replies 3

peterlvilim
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for using Dropbox! Here are the user-visible changes in v63.4.107:

• Fix an issue that prevented Smart Sync online only files from being opened on Windows.
  • Fix a rare crash caused by the tray.
  • Fix an issue on Windows where the title for file system warnings was sometimes cut off.
  • Fix a rare issue on Mac where Smart Sync incorrectly synced all files as local when signing in on a new machine.
  • Improve startup speed on Windows.

kbkhpknight
Explorer | Level 3

I've got 3 windows machines running the latest version of the windows 10 and I've installed 63.4.107. When I check after a few minutes, the dropbox version appears to have updated itself to 66.3.81 and I end up with the same error message: "There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be accessed by the system." The files that I'm trying to open are pdfs, word and excel docs that were uploaded by my home based Mac...

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to either keep the version 63.4.107 (assuming it fixes the failure to open the docs) or whether there's another recent build that handles this issue? Thanks much.

LuisA1
Dropbox Staff

Hello,

It sounds like you are automatically being updated to the latest beta build of the Dropbox desktop app. 

If you no longer wish to automatically have the beta build installed,  you will first need to follow these steps to verify that you have opted out of "Include me in early releases" option in your settings on Dropbox.com. This will ensure that the application does not automatically update to the beta build after you install the latest stable build:

1. Log in to www.Dropbox.com using your web browser.
  2. Click on you account picture/avatar at the top right corner of the page.
  3. Click on "Settings".
  4. From the "General" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.

Then, use the link for the latest Stable build to install the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application.

If you continue to see an issue with this stable version, please write in to support for assistance. 

Thank you!

Need more support?