cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 77.4.131

Stable Build 77.4.131

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

15 Replies 15

hmedia
Collaborator | Level 8

@mrc247 wrote:

Again, no one needs a desktop app that does the same thing as a Bowser window !!!

Actually, it's not even that - the desktop app reflects only the state of the client it's running on.  The web (dropbox.com) reflects the state of the account as a whole.

I.e. Files may not have fully synced between clients, or between web and client - the web tells you what's on your actual Dropbox.

If the desktop client was a reflection of the account as we see it on the web, then there might be a case for it's usefulness.

In any case, we need an option to disable it.  I'm confident the development team will realize this and implement it soon enough, even though they are possibly hoping it will "catch on" and users will "realize the value through a forced hand" - We won't.

Soqono
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Sheena,

How can I try out the new desktop app? This is something I'm interested in, since I want a way to view version history without going into the brower.

EDIT: It can be found at this url:

https://www.dropbox.com/desktopapp

It still requires you to go to the web interface to see the version history, so it's not very helpful for me.

jesperjkeller
New member | Level 2

About time you guys reintroduced support for Linux (other than ext4!)

Removing that was probably the stupidest decision ever made by a "tech"-company.

hemanshu
Explorer | Level 4

On macOS 10.15 beta (Catalina), DropBox sync does not work automatically. I need to pause syncing, and then resume syncing, for it to work. Please fix this as soon as possible!

RESQR345
New member | Level 2

I cannot install the windows version no matter how many times I select "run" or save it and then try to run the installer.

Nothing happens and I am stuck on version 70.

Every time I start my laptop I get a message to update DropBox.

This is VERY frustrating.

What is going on?

Marcelloo
New member | Level 2
Need more support?