cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we use Dropbox: John

How we use Dropbox: John

Amy
Community Manager
We still can’t get enough of learning how everyone uses Dropbox a little differently - especially other Dropboxers. You might have seen us talking about how Amelia uses Capture, how Tiffany uses Dropbox for photos, and how Ross uses Dropbox to organize his new home - and we’re back with John - a Product Expert. Check out how John makes the most of Dropbox .

When I first came to Dropbox as an employee, I was excited about the opportunity to work with such a great bunch of people. I had used online file storage solutions in the past, but it was primarily just to back up photos and files. I was curious about how people use Dropbox on a daily basis — I know there had to be something unique, since there were millions of users and whoever you talked to had a Dropbox account… I knew it had to be more than just a file backup solution. 

Of course, it was much more than just a backup solution. Using it at work, opened my eyes to the possibilities — no more emailing docs or presentations around for collaboration. Will probably show my age a bit, but when working on a joint presentation in the past, we would all get together and create the presentation as a group or one person was designated to the be the one to put all of the components together and make one cohesive story…

So after using it at work, I saw the benefits… it really hit home when we entered into “stay at home mode’” during the Covid pandemic.  My mother-in-law passed away at the height of the pandemic. This meant that we were not able to get together as a family and do the traditional process of pulling together memories, pictures, etc for the memorial service. Enter Dropbox… we were able to create a shared folder, and family members and friends were able to add pictures, poems, remembrances, etc to the folder — it was nice to have everyone able to contribute, and now we have this going forward as well.  

I was also able to introduce Dropbox to my parents. This is awesome! We are able to share photos from our vacation and family pictures in a folder that we can all access. We were able to celebrate my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary in Mexico (just a year late… thanks Covid) as an extended family (10 of us in total). It was amazing that we could add all the pictures taken by each family member and have them in a single location. 

Dropbox is definitely a tool, but is more than that… it helps us to stay connected.

This definitely hits home with me - I knew Dropbox was great for my files and photos, but really learned about all the possibilities when I was fully immersed at work, and I’ve never looked back. Now I have docs, collaborative projects and a very solid to-do list mixed in with my old college docs, photos and important documents. 

How do you use Dropbox? Do you use it for more than storing your files? 
0 Replies 0
Need more support?