cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we use Dropbox: Tiffany

How we use Dropbox: Tiffany

Amy
Community Manager

How Tiffany uses Dropbox for family photos

We’ve covered how some of the Dropbox team have used Dropbox, and some of us are using it for really big stuff. Whether it’s keeping in touch with friends, family, or organizing a move, or a trip, we’ve seen it, and now we can add documenting the first year of a baby’s life to the list! Check out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox for family photos

Tiffany 1.png
My wife and I thought that a global pandemic would be a great time to have a baby. Obviously that’s not true, but it just kind of happened that way and trust me, it was very planned. We were faced, however, with a pregnancy and our daughter’s early childhood under one form of isolation or another. We wanted to make sure she knew who everyone was and we also wanted to make sure that our family and friends got the opportunity to share in some of these early memories and milestones. 

Tiffany 3.png
With neither of us on social media, enter Dropbox. We created a shared folder that we add at least one video or image to each day, and have done so throughout the pregnancy and first 10 months of life. All the grandparents and great grandparents, aunts and uncles, great aunts and uncles, cousins, friends, god parents, etc. are all members of the folder. Everyone who wants to has their own folder where they can send video messages and wishes to our daughter. Her cousins even regularly upload art they have done for her.  

Tiffany 2.png

What started as something we thought would just have our parents looking at a few pictures of our girl has turned into an extended support group for this wonderful little human that I have the privilege of raising. It is like a digital brag book, but everyone gets to carry it. 

Easy to share pictures, gifs, and videos, and everyone gets notified, like these “month” pics. Everyone who wants one has a shared folder to upload videos, wishes, and fun things too.

So, the baby isn’t missing out on family moments, and will probably have a better record of their first year than anyone in the family to date. 

This is definitely the cutest use of Dropbox we’ve seen so far, and I love that the baby has digital receipts of their own progress as they grow up! 

How do you use Dropbox to record family moments? 
0 Replies 0
Need more support?