cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available offline on external drive

Available offline on external drive

Melonklyftan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello!

I use Dropbox as storage for work. This means there are pretty big files stored on there. To save space on my pc I keep them available online until I need to use a certain file. I have a file that is bigger than what my local drive have memory left for. I would like to make that file available offline, but have it downloading to an external drive, instead of my local disc. Is this possible? I tried changing the syncing to the external drive, but that started to move everything to my external drive. I just want to make that file available offline, located on my external drive. I hope it makes sense.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Melonklyftan wrote:

I have a file that is bigger than what my local drive have memory left for. I would like to make that file available offline, but have it downloading to an external drive, instead of my local disc.

That's not possible. You can move your entire Dropbox folder to the external drive (which is NOT recommended), but you can't specify a single file to sync to a different location from everything else.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Melonklyftan wrote:

I have a file that is bigger than what my local drive have memory left for. I would like to make that file available offline, but have it downloading to an external drive, instead of my local disc.

That's not possible. You can move your entire Dropbox folder to the external drive (which is NOT recommended), but you can't specify a single file to sync to a different location from everything else.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?