cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting notification when a file is uploaded by an api app to my dropbox account

Getting notification when a file is uploaded by an api app to my dropbox account

akagupta1
Explorer | Level 3

we have a use case where we are uploading files from our app to dropbox using dropbox v2 api. The file gets successfully uploaded but we dont see any notification in the notification bar of dropbox web ,stating like "file abc has been addded".

How can we acheive this ?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/issues/230 ]

No, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to set notifications for uploads from the API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

akagupta1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi greg

if not through api , is there any setting that need to be incorporated to acheive this ?

please see the attached snapshot , where the notification shows a file has been added to dropbox. 

notification.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It looks like you're referring to the notifications that occur as part of the flows from the new Dropbox extensions. This isn't something you can configure for uploaded files in general.

akagupta1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Greg

if this is somethings which cant be configured , then how this partner app is able to show the uploaded file in the notification bar ?

-Prashant

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That occurs automatically as part of the new Dropbox extensions flow (which is distinct from the public Dropbox API).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    akagupta1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?