cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path not found error

path not found error

kmsbs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

At time of downloading of file from dropbox i got error :

com.dropbox.core.v2.files.DownloadErrorException: Exception in 2/files/download: {".tag":"path","path":"not_found"}

i want to download details_item filei want to download details_item file

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
When you say you're using the "correct" path, are you accounting for the typo? (The typo is the misplaced 'a' in "deatils".)

To be clear, based on the screenshot you supplied, the path you would need to use would be:
- if you're using a full Dropbox app: "/Apps/AndroidDbAppStorage/deatils_item.json"
- if you're using the app with the app folder permission for that "AndroidDbAppStorage" app folder: "/deatils_item.json"

Additionally, make sure you're using an access token for the right account.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That error indicates that there's nothing at the path you're supplying to the call. 

I see that you may have a typo causing this issue. In your post, you said you want to download "details_item", but in the screenshot of your account I see your filename has a typo: "deatils_item.json". Please correct the typo or the path value you're supplying to fix this.

kmsbs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Here i only indicate that i want to download this file but in code i entered correct path and name with .json

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
When you say you're using the "correct" path, are you accounting for the typo? (The typo is the misplaced 'a' in "deatils".)

To be clear, based on the screenshot you supplied, the path you would need to use would be:
- if you're using a full Dropbox app: "/Apps/AndroidDbAppStorage/deatils_item.json"
- if you're using the app with the app folder permission for that "AndroidDbAppStorage" app folder: "/deatils_item.json"

Additionally, make sure you're using an access token for the right account.

kmsbs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Using upload code i uploaded deatils_item.json file in AndroidDbAppStorage folder.
That mean i have access

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you uploaded the file using the same access token, that does mean you're using the right account to download from. (It doesn't indicate what permission level your app has though.)

Please make sure you're using the correct path value per my last reply.

kmsbs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
path i using to download file:
/Apps/AndroidDbAppStorage/deatils_item.json

kmsbs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks,I have a only AndroidDbAppStorage folder permission.
it really help.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kmsbs Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?