cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't move to ~/Library/CloudStorage

Can't move to ~/Library/CloudStorage

Orome
Explorer | Level 3

I'm unable to complete the latest Dropbox update that changes the location of Dropbox on macOS to ~/Library/CloudStorage.

Following the walkthrough that appears in the Dropbox app I get in an infinite loop where the files can't be moved ("right now").

FWIW, I can't move them there using the app's settings either, though I have no problem adding or changing files in the folder otherwise, and can even drag the Dropbox folder there in Finder (though that disconnects Dropbox).

How do I complete the update? Is anyone else having these issues.

(MBA M2 / macOS 13.2.1)

12 Replies 12

Orome
Explorer | Level 3

The logs should explain why the folder move is failing. This is not a process users should have to go through.

Orome
Explorer | Level 3

We've made the decision here to cancel our Dropbox accounts (and advise our clients do do so) if this isn't fixed within a week. We can't risk this kind of disruption in our workflows and it will me simpler to just move to a service that works (Google Drive for example made the transition to the new location without a hitch).

Emmet
Community Manager

Hi users, 

We recommend clearing your Dropbox Cache folder as outlined in this article. This might help resolve your issue. Please let us know if it doesn't.

Regards,

Emmet

Need more support?