cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you switch back to older look of dropbox

How can you switch back to older look of dropbox

Allan Layton
New member | Level 2

This new version is cumbersome. I can not use the mouse to make a window over the files I want and move them all to where I want in less than a second anymore. 

Does anyone know how I can switch back. I also do not like the files being pushed below all this suggested activity. 

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Allan Layton,

There are sometimes different application that self update (something I think is a bad practice), but only Dropbox application doesn't ask if and when to update; it just self-updates at some point unfortunately. There is no supported way to get back previous version. If you uninstall and install older version, it'll self-update immediately. 🤷 Long time discussion on different threads here, but no any reaction from Dropbox side.

There are always different ways some application action (including self-update) to be disabled. Just force particular activity to be unavailable for the application and they cannot happen - application can still try, but without success. Such tricks are very OS specific though. What will work best for you (and possible at all) depends on your OS and your setup; so different tools are available. In nontechnical words, all possible ways freeze (somehow) the application install places and so disable the automated update. Find a possible for your system way to do that. 😉 There is always such a way.

Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?