cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out which version of Dropbox I have?

How do I find out which version of Dropbox I have?

Jeff L.6
New member | Level 1

Trying to back up a website, and I'm being asked if I want to back it up onto v1 (legacy) or v2 (new). I can't find amongst my various Dropbox account details etc. which version I have. If anyone can point me in the right direction that will be very much appreciated. Thank you. J.

5 Replies 5

Robert S.
Super User alumni

Click the Dropbox client icon in your system tray/menu bar, then, gear icon > Preferences... > General tab.

Or, just hover your mouse pointer over the client icon and all will be revealed.

FYI, v1.x & v2.x are both ancient and long obsolete, you should be on at least v3.4.6, with the current stable build being v3.6.5.

Jeff L.6
New member | Level 1

Thank you Robert. I don't have a client icon in my system tray/ menu bar. I only have the basic Dropbox package. Can you suggest anything else, please? Thank you. J.

Robert S.
Super User alumni

There are only three tiers of Dropbox service, Basic, Pro and Business.

Trying to back up a website, and I'm being asked if I want to back it up onto v1 (legacy) or v2 (new).

Where exactly are you seeing this message, what application is generating it?

On the face of it, I'd say it's nothing to do with Dropbox.

Jeff L.6
New member | Level 1

Thanks Robert. It shows up on the Backup Buddy WordPress plugin, at the point where its asking you to choose where you want to save your files etc. J.

Robert S.
Super User alumni

Unfortunately, as this is a third-party product not made by Dropbox, you'll have to take up any issues with it directly with the developer.

https://ithemes.com/contact/

Sorry that I can't be of more help in this instance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robert S. Super User alumni
    Jeff L.6 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?