cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Clearing Dropbox cache on iPhone

How to clear the Dropbox mobile app cache on iPhone/iPad?

Marcus D.9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Using an iPhone 5C running iOS 9.1 and Dropbox 4.0.4. The iOS Dropbox app itself is only 55.8 MB in size, however my iPhone is reporting that Dropbox is using a total of 300+ MB in Documents and Data. I have zero files marked as "Offline" within the Dropbox app, so the app should not be storing any Documents or Data locally on my iPhone.

I realize the Documents and Data referenced are most likely the result of recent files being cached by the app, but if this is the case, is there any way to manually clear that cache? Or set a limit of cache size? Currently, uninstalling and reinstalling the app is the only solution I've found, which is far from what I'd consider a "solution". I have to uninstall the app, reinstall it, sign in, wait for 2-factor auth code to enter, set up my Passcode again, set up the Camera Upload again...just a horrible overall process just to clear out the cache.

There are other apps which allow you to either set a cache size, or some that include an option to manually clear the cache. Either one of these options would be better than nothing at all.

107 Replies 107

Prokat99
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I literally just bought Dropbox Plus to offload images on my iPhone to conserve space.  iCloud does this automatically but I've used Dropbox before and liked it so I went with you guys.   

I came here to solve this issue.  Two years in and you haven't fixed it?  That is not a good sign and I will have to end my subscription.  Very dissapointing and quite perplexing why you would not make it a priority.  It's literally the only reason I use Dropbox on every other device (offload media to conserve space).  

Herma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ik heb een iPhone 5 S en een gratis Dropbox account. Is die knop dan ook zichtbaar? Ik zie de knop helaas :disappointed_relieved: niet!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Herma wrote:

Ik heb een iPhone 5 S en een gratis Dropbox account. Is die knop dan ook zichtbaar? Ik zie de knop helaas :disappointed_relieved: niet!

Ja, de knop bestaat op de iPhone 5S. Het bevindt zich in Instellingen op het tabblad Account. Of het daadwerkelijk iets doet, staat nog ter discussie.

Herma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Huhh....ik zie de knop echt niet bij Account!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
U moet eerst naar Instellingen gaan via het tabblad Account. Tik op het tandwielpictogram boven aan de pagina.

Als je het nog steeds niet ziet, controleer je of je de nieuwste versie van de Dropbox-app gebruikt.

Herma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Och ja, toch gevonden.

Bedankt!!

Franz M.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it is under the gear-wheel (settings) 

- camera upload

-offlinedata

-code

-help

-legal

-app version

- last off (or something like that, I have german set)

- delete search

- HERE:   delete cache

I think you will find it

Louise22
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Your Dropbox has a settings button on the personal icon that has clear cache no need to delete and reinstall this frees up your memory easy check it out

Herma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, the problem was already solved

Herma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

how can I indicate that my problem has been resolved

Need more support?