cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox presently partially useless...waiting for Changes

Recent Dropbox - Mac 12.3 Monterey support

Nousmedis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The official support page relating to Mac OS Monterey 12.3 Dropbox compatibility is 2 months old now, and Apple just released (April 2022) first beta version of 12.4 and patched 12.3 with 12.3.1, but still no references to current status other than "in late march we will release a beta version...". How can I know is the beta version is now secure or how many days, weeks or months (or years!) do we still need to wait for the final stable release of a 12.3 and up supported version of Dropbox?

137 Replies 137

Martin R.19
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I'm still waiting for the changes regarding the location of the Dropox folder on MacOS. As long as this was not completed I can actually not use my paid subscription to its full extent cause it makes zero sense to create new links at this moment. Dropbox, how many months do I still have to deal with this? When will the move be completed for ALL customers?

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
Go to solution
Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update on availability of full support for macOS 12.5 and higher to more customers. We’re continuing to expand our rollout through May 2023, and anyone interested in receiving this updated experience earlier can join our beta now.

If you haven’t already received the update, you can expect it between now and the end of May 2023. We’re also working directly with a small subset of customers with complex configurations to ensure their migration is as seamless as possible.

Here’s how you can join our beta:
  • Basic, Plus, Professional, and Family plan customers: Turn on early releases and keep an eye out for a notification to opt-in
  • Standard, Advanced, Enterprise, and Education customers: Contact your Account Team or Customer Support for more information
The updated experience is more integrated with macOS and comes with some changes that are consistent with macOS requirements. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Thank you.

keithswd
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Well this would be good news if it wasn't for the fact that I have been expecting the update to restore basic DB functionality 'any day' since November, the issue has been affecting us all for the best part of YEAR with radio silence from Dropbox (unbelievably unprofessional IMHO) and we now find we may have to wait another 4 months before full functionality is returned.

I am thankful we are a small team on a standard contract. I can't imagine how larger businesses have coped with this mess.

Pokapix
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It took you ages to respond to your customers and now we're getting basically a worse service as a result for the same price (until inflation hits it), the change log list is not a nice read! 
https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-support-for-expected-changes

So you're promising users with more than 300k files worse sync speed, no lan sync solution and the list goes on... 

gullevek
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Can I delete files and they move to trash?

Or will it be like OneDrive where deleting files immediately removes them with no way to recover them. Worse than it was in DOS3?

cbonargent
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

The move/folder location information is confusing.
How do you know that the move has been completed for one's own account?

Doesn't this happen automatically when installing the new version of Dropbox?

Martin R.19
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

@cbonargent you will get a notification from Dropbox about the move...as long as your account was not yet elected for the move, even installing the latest version will not speed up things nor change the folder's location.

cbonargent
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@Martin R.19  Thank you for the info.
I did update my OS and Dropbox, but did not notice any 'changes'.

Need more support?