cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS App not showing push notifications when files are added to a shared folder.

iOS App not showing push notifications when files are added to a shared folder.

Agehrt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not getting notifications when a new file is added To a shared folder by other users in folder. iOS software and Dropbox iOS app updated to current versions and all settings in iOS for app notifications are on, as well as settings within Dropbox app are all on.

Just trying to get notifications when someone in a shared folder adds or deleted a file etc.
thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Agehrt,

Currently the mobile app’s push notifications include shared folder invitations and when individual files are shared with you. This doesn’t include when new files are added to a shared folder.

I’d be more than happy to pass along your comments to our dev team for review about notifications for new shared folder additions.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Agehrt,

Currently the mobile app’s push notifications include shared folder invitations and when individual files are shared with you. This doesn’t include when new files are added to a shared folder.

I’d be more than happy to pass along your comments to our dev team for review about notifications for new shared folder additions.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bpmcclane
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes, pass this on to the development team! I’d really like real-time push notification when an addition or deletion is made in a shared folder.
Please get this done!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Why not suggest it under our 'Share an Idea' section of the Community where other same minded users can find and upvote it too then @bpmcclane?

Here's a direct link for this place: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Welcome to our Community!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

bpmcclane
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The link supplied to “share an idea” did not direct me to an area to share an idea. I did post to the forum, though.
bp

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You did the right thing. The Share an Idea area is just another section of the forum meant specifically for ideas and feature requests.

Need more support?