cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photos & videos lost

photos & videos lost

HeatherDuncan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For several years, I had a Dropbox account where I stored my photos and videos, and paid for additional storage so that my family members could access them. However, I recently discovered that my account had not been renewed and as a result, all of my files have been lost. I'm wondering if there's any way to reactivate my account and retrieve my files.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @HeatherDuncan 

How do you mean 'lost' ? Dropbox doesnt remove files if you dont renew, it just stops syncing. However it does remove files after a year of inactivity - and if that is the case, no, Im afraid they are not recoverable once removed. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @HeatherDuncan 

How do you mean 'lost' ? Dropbox doesnt remove files if you dont renew, it just stops syncing. However it does remove files after a year of inactivity - and if that is the case, no, Im afraid they are not recoverable once removed. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?