cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time saver: Sharing files to slack

Time saver: Sharing files to slack

Amy
Community Manager
As an admin, you probably share a lot of files with your team. Here’s a tip on how to speed that up with the Dropbox and Slack integration. 

Check out the video below, and then head to the App Centre to get connected! 

What kind of tips would you like to see from the Dropbox team? 
1 Reply 1

Flewi
Explorer | Level 3

@Amy,

I'm just a newbie to Dropbox-Slack Integration, and trying to get up-to-speed quickly to save myself and my small team from "death-by-ReplyAll-emails-with-file-attachments-for-collaborative-editing"! 

This short video represents the tip of the iceberg relative to that goal.  I am currently engaged in a Q&A with @Jay on the subject. Here's a link to that conversation: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Shared-File-Edit-Access-via-Dropbox-Sl... 

I don't want to "cross streams" with that conversation, but here is a related question:

• With my Dropbox account already linked to my Slack Workspace, I created a new [private] channel in the Workspace. However, that newly created channel does not appear in the Slack channel list when sharing a file from Dropbox to Slack. In other words, I only see the channels that existed at the time I initially linked my Dropbox and Slack accounts.
  • How do I resolve this?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Flewi Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?