cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share link with edit permission, people without dropbox account can edit file on webpage?

Does Dropbox allow you to share files ​​with edit-access links?

zhp3nn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is there a function that can Share  a link with edit permission for people without a Dropbox account can add, delete, move files on a webpage?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I cant see why it wouldnt be possible zhp3nn, but, I suggest looking at https://www.dropbox.com/developers and if you want to clarify anything post on the API forums as the guys there are great: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-support/bd-p/101000014

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Vernon
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @zhp3nn,

Hope you are doing good.

Shared links give view-only access to the people that receive them. They can view, comment on and download files but they are not able to edit them.

What you can do as a workaround is:

1. Create a folder with the files you want in it.
  2. Create a shared link of this specific folder.
  3. Send a File request and in the option to select destination, choose this folder - the linked one.
  4. Send both URL's advising the recipints that the shared link is to view and download the file, while the File request is for them to upload files.

Neither of these URL's require a Dropbox account! Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I answer your question?---> Accept as Solution White check mark :nerd:
Kudos are always welcome! :bacon:

zhp3nn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks a lot for the info, do you know is there any 3rd party app that can link to Dropbox, and allow people to edit without having dropbox account?

I'm a photographer, if the client can select their favorite photo or rate image (online edit image metadata) in the link I sent to them, then I can view the jpg file with rating info that syncs back to my computer, so that I can easily see what they need to print or edit.

Does Dropbox allow any dropbox web app developer to create an online app that can do this job?(API allow?)

thanks a lot

Vernon
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi again,

We have a place were developers can build their own app on Dropbox platform but as far as we are concerned there is no 3rd party app that allows people without a Dropbox account to edit files shared from Dropbox.

However, what you described may perhaps be achieved via commenting.

You clients can leave comments on what you've shared and then you can proceed with the desired changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I answer your question?---> Accept as Solution White check mark :nerd:
Kudos are always welcome! :bacon:

zhp3nn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for the info, as you said,  "There is no 3rd party app that allows people without a Dropbox account to edit files shared from Dropbox."

but if we hire a developer to develop an app for this specific purpose, is this possible? I mean, is Dropbox has this kind of API that allows developing an app that can do this job(edit, move, create files in specific folder without having account?) thanks a lot

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I cant see why it wouldnt be possible zhp3nn, but, I suggest looking at https://www.dropbox.com/developers and if you want to clarify anything post on the API forums as the guys there are great: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-support/bd-p/101000014

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

zhp3nn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

thanks a lot

zhp3nn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sorry I got one more question, If I'm looking for this kind of developer, what keyword is this type of developer? thanks, and Is there any website can easily find this type of developer? thanks a lot

Need more support?