cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox keeps asking to reinstall

Dropbox keeps asking to reinstall

Cara S.1
New member | Level 1

I upgraded to windows 10 and since then, dropbox keeps asking me to reinstall.  I have tried this in various ways and the request continues.

I have also tried unlinking and linking my personal and business folders.

I don't know it if is actually syncing.  My data is not really being used up and the screen that shows the files that are uploading doesn't seem to change, however the count of indexing, downloading and uploading of files seems to change.  So, is it syncing.  How do I get dropbox to work properly once again.

5 Replies 5

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

Uninstall dropbox; reboot; get the full installer and reinstall.

For more instructions Open a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support 

Cara S.1
New member | Level 1

Thanks very much Rick.

I have done that with an installer called:  DropboxInstaller.exe which is 674KB.

While installing, it does downloads, so I am guessing, this is not the full installer then.

Where would I get the full installer from?

I have also installed it as administrator.

I have also opened a ticket so will wait for their response.

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

Ohoh, Dropbox couldn't show me the offline installer... but google found

[Link to unofficial download location removed]

Rich
Super User II

Rick,

Please stop posting links to unofficial download sites. You shouldn't trust any installer that doesn't come from it's original source. With all the viruses, trojans and malware out there (ESPECIALLY the many crypto trojans!), it's just not worth the risk. I've removed the link from your post. Thank you.

The offline installers for Dropbox can be found in the forum posts for each individual version. Here's the one for the latest stable version.

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

Rich R. , I do not appreciate and will ignore your comments. Just help the OP.

Need more support?