cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is It Working

How to check syncing status on the desktop app

Ned S.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Today I uploaded a large file. I dragged and dropped it into a DropBox folder.  It seemed to just sit there.  Is there a way to tell if data is moving?  Or if DropBox is working?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

You can check status of Dropbox app, by hovering the mouse cursor over the tray icon (Windows) or menu bar icon (Mac), it will show if Dropbox is uploading, downloading, or up to date. In case you are on a Mac you will see this: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 1.59.30 AM.png

You can also click the Dropbox icon, and you will the status there in the popup window. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 2.00.14 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

You can check status of Dropbox app, by hovering the mouse cursor over the tray icon (Windows) or menu bar icon (Mac), it will show if Dropbox is uploading, downloading, or up to date. In case you are on a Mac you will see this: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 1.59.30 AM.png

You can also click the Dropbox icon, and you will the status there in the popup window. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 2.00.14 AM.png

Ned S.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After I grag and drop the file to a DropBox folder on my laptop, I don't see any icons in the tray or anywhere on the desktop.  Nothing seems to be happening.  If I initiate the process from the web site it seems to go as expected.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you don't see a Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac), then the Dropbox client isn't running. Try to launch it again from your Start Menu on Windows or the Applications folder on a Mac.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Need more support?