cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having a problem stopping Dropbox from backing up my 20tbite server? I don't need it backed-up.

I am having a problem stopping Dropbox from backing up my 20tbite server? I don't need it backed-up.

Dan G.10
New member | Level 2

I am having a problem stopping Dropbox from backing up my 20tbite server? I don't need it backed-up. It IS my back-up! I have had it thru two PC's, and a crash with each and never lost a bit of data. I only want those important files backed up that I or my family and friends can gain access to in the event of emergency. Someone please help to stop dropbox from using all my data that they make me pay for each month! Thanks You! Not happy!

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dan G.10, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you provide more details on this server? Is it an external drive on your computer, a network drive, or is it an entire machine with the Dropbox desktop application installed on it?

How are the files being backed up from the server? Is it directly to your Dropbox folder, or onto the Dropbox Backup site?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?