cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync not showing all folders

Selective Sync not showing all folders

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Unsure why, but a folder I generated online and then sent some files to, won't appear on any of the computers selective sync window. Using Mac latest version, 3.8.3. I can't untick that folder. I've tried renaming it, etc but it doesn't help.

57 Replies 57

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you given it plenty of time to download the full list? 

I've found on my machine its easier to open the window and come back to it later!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dr. W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

That needs some optimisation asap. It's shameful an application like Dropbox taking centuries to create a simple list of files.

Jan H.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem with selective sync. I have in my dropbox about 25 folders but on another computer with the same account only one folder shows up in the list. It does not even display the loading folder message.

I sent an email to dropbox but they basically say that they have no time to reply to emails....

Jan

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The solution was:

- leave it open for a long long long long time.. 🙂 Like 30+ min and then it will show
- I deleted one folder which had thousands of sub folders (iphoto backup) and now that made it much faster

Jacine L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Experiencing the same issue, and just wanted to add that it is absolutely is ridiculous. As a paying customer, I shouldn't be forced to sit waiting forever for Dropbox to figure out that I have 7 folders in my Dropbox root, instead of 5. Days later, I STILL cannot sync the one folder I want.

Optimize it, or just give us the ability to write a .dropboxignore file already.  Please.

steven l.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Folders I create don't appear in selective sync. I have deleted desktop app reinstalled exactly the same. Dropbox https://dropbox.zendesk.com/requests/4309369
I have uploaded screen shots no reply

Christopher H.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having the same issues. I have dropbox setup on Windows 10, Windows 7, and Mac OSx and each computer has the same issue. I have left all 3 setup over night to sync and nothing has worked. Also restarted all software and computers. This has been an issue from the start.

Michelle T.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox??? I am having the same issue. I have left it open for days and my two folders are still not showing up in selective sync or dropbox.com All my other folders are syncing.

John D.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Guys guys guys and girls! i was having problems with syncing certain files, as it turned out it was because the file had a / in it, followed this and it is now syncing it all. lovely stuff.

If your Dropbox is showing as up to date then there are two pretty common reasons why this could be happening.

1. File name is too long: Windows can only handle (depending on your version) a maximum of 260 characters in any given file path, this includes the location of your Dropbox folder. Try renaming the file or a flatter folder structure to get your files to show up.

2. The file contains a character Windows doesn't recognise: Windows doesn't recognise certain characters in filennames. For example:

< (less than)

(greater than)
: (colon)
" (double quote)
| (vertical bar or pipe)
? (question mark)
* (asterisk

christmas day life just got a wee bit easier.....

Office B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Having the exact same issue.
So far, I've tried installing/uninstalling in different machines and linking/unlinking, restarting etc...

Always the same problem. I'm pretty sure my user somehow is corrupted in their servers.

Need more support?