cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to approve someone before they can add a shared folder?

Why do I have to approve someone before they can add a shared folder?

Larry T.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just noticed this started happening: I create a folder, invite someone to share it and they now have to have me approve that sharing. In the past, I would just invite them and they had immediate access without my separate approval. Seems to me that, if I am inviting them to share a folder, I've already agreed to do so. Why the redundancy (and the delay)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
That only happens if they accept it and leave it later on, or reject it initially.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
That only happens if they accept it and leave it later on, or reject it initially.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gambrelli
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If they accept it and leave it, it seems that they should be able to return to it as many times as they want, as long as they want to, since they have the link.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

That used to be the case, however, it was changed a few months ago. 

Personally I think its safer this way because under the old model once they left there was no way for the owner of the share to revoke access to the person (say ex-employee) and so they could dip in and out of the share as much as they want quite possibly unnoticed. 

Larry T.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Put that way, it makes sense.  Thanks for the reply.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Your are welcome ðŸ™‚ 

Gambrelli
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That makes sense. I use Dropbox for sharing, not collaborating -- whch is its main purpose. Good service, though.  

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Gambrelli New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Larry T. Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?