cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my videos turned into sized down jpegs when uploaded to Dropbox from mac's Photo app. Any ideas?

All my videos turned into sized down jpegs when uploaded to Dropbox from mac's Photo app. Any ideas?

dlott
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just attempted to upload my 'favorites' folder i created in Photo by selecting all and using the 'copy' option in the drop down menu up top to a new folder in dropbox. It should have had enough room, I checked beforehand. Also, i assumed if it didn't have room it would just stop short the upload or only upload until the max was reached. instead it appears that all of my jpegs were renamed, as well as sized down and all the videos were turned into jpegs. has anyone experienced this? I was hoping to create a folder in dropbox for iphone images/videos that i could access without having to store them all on my phone.  Mind you this was a large upload, 3GB and approx. 1000 files. maybe i have to do it in smaller doses??  

I'm on Mac Sierra.

all of the images/videos were renamed to variations of this: UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_66a7.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

dlott wrote:

all of the images/videos were renamed to variations of this: UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_66a7.jpg

That's not Dropbox doing that, and it can't convert videos into JPGs. There must be something else causing it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

dlott wrote:

That's not Dropbox doing that, and it can't convert videos into JPGs. There must be something else causing it.

dlott
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

interesting..ok..my guess is the Photos program doesn't allow you to 'copy' these folders you create elsewhere... which is really annoying since i spent hours creating it from years of photos. I'll see if can find something on their forums. thanks!

khyati
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi did you find any solution? because even my videos have been transfromed into jpg images and its really frustrating PLEASE HELP!

@dlott wrote:

interesting..ok..my guess is the Photos program doesn't allow you to 'copy' these folders you create elsewhere... which is really annoying since i spent hours creating it from years of photos. I'll see if can find something on their forums. thanks!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @khyati, welcome to our community! 

Sorry for the late reply. Is this still an issue? If so, can you give me a step-by-step account of your process? Everything from the time you take the video, to the time you view it, and all steps in between would be great! Please include information on the devices you’re using, and the operating system versions that are installed. 

Thanks in advance.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Caseybird93
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Years ago I uploaded very important videos from my iPhone to the Dropbox app, I just tried to access the videos and they are showing up as photos. Is there anyway I can recover these videos. I am devastated as these were videos of my child growing through the years along with my
Mother who recently passsd away

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Caseybird93, I hope you're doing well! 

Keep in mind that Dropbox won't alter any of your files, since it's not autonomous. 

I'd suggest you try to check for previous versions of the files, but if they were uploaded as such, you might not find anything. 

Also, if you're using a basic account, you'll be able to restore only what happened in the past 30 days.

It's worth to give it a try though, right? 

Let me know what you find.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Caseybird93 New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    khyati New member | Level 2
    dlott New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?