cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App folder in Business root?

App folder in Business root?

Daaaaad
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm creating a Dropbox app to allow my website to fetch some file from our Business Dropbox account.

I created a "Scoped Access" app with an "App folder" access type in order to restrict acess to the files present in a specific folder.

Problem: The app folder is created in my personal (purple) folder (under App\NameOfMyApp). This folder is restricted to me and my team can't access it... why? I would like the app to access a folder that could be accessed by my team.

Can you help?

Regards,

David.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, app folders are incompatible with shared folders, team folders, and team spaces, meaning you can't share an app folder (except as a link), put a shared folder or team folder inside an app folder, or put an app folder in a shared folder, team folder, or team space.

Instead, if you need to use the API with shared folders, team folders/spaces, you'll need to use the "full Dropbox" access type, as opposed to the app folder access type. You can find more information about app permissions and access types here. You can register another app with the desired permission here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?