cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating file in shared folder

Creating file in shared folder

sallysprank
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We have customers using our desktop application who use dropbox to store and share application data. However, it is my understanding that only the person who created and shared the folder has the ability to create new files (programmatically) in the shared folder. Others (who have shared access) can access the files and edit them but can not create new files.

Am I correct in my thinking?

Thank you,

Sally Sprankle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, creating new files in a shared folder is subject to the same access control as editing existing files in a shared folder. So, any shared folder folder member with "edit" access in the shared folder can add files to it. Any shared folder member only with "view" access cannot.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, creating new files in a shared folder is subject to the same access control as editing existing files in a shared folder. So, any shared folder folder member with "edit" access in the shared folder can add files to it. Any shared folder member only with "view" access cannot.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?