cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Extending dropbox "Open with" menu with custom option

Extending dropbox "Open with" menu with custom option

iyushchuk
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone!

I want to add a new button to the dropbox "Open with" dropdown. It should send selected file to my application. I have browsed documentation and didn't find a solution how to do this. Can you please help me, if it is possible at all?

Kind regards

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @iyushchuk,

This is strongly dependent on the platform you take in mind. For example: for Android would be enough, for example, to include appropriate filter entry to your application Intent filter. :wink:

Hope this gives some direction.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@iyushchuk Are you referring to the "Open with" functionality on the Dropbox web site in particular? Right now, this is only available to select partners chosen by Dropbox, and I can't make any promises as to if/when it would be made publicly available. I've sent this along as a request to make this more generally available in the future.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I just wanted to follow up on this thread to let you know that the Dropbox "Extensions" feature is now publicly available. You can find information on it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/lp/developers/reference/extensions-guide

Need more support?