cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I immediately notify dropbox to update if a copy is kept by a document editing app, edited o

How do I immediately notify dropbox to update if a copy is kept by a document editing app, edited o

liszt
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I'm a developer of a document editing app. The document in the dropbox selects another application to punch in. How to notify dropbox to update immediately after other apps are edited and saved? How do I immediately notify dropbox to update if a copy is kept by a document editing app, edited on the copy and saved?

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @liszt,

That, what you are trying, is Dropbox application related, not Dropbox API! If you are tolking about desktop application, don't have to do anything. Dropbox application takes care for the automatic update for you. You just have to copy updated content back. When mobile application is on focus, it could be a good feture request. 🤷 (i.e. by now, no way)

As a workaround, you can consider using Dropbox API and take care to upload desired content (update the file) yourself, without relying on Dropbox application. 😉

Hope this gives direction.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?