cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable download from shared links using API?

How to disable download from shared links using API?

pruebabot2108
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I have an app that auto-generate links for a bot I do have each 20 minutes using Dropbox.NET

The problem is that, no matter how hard I try, I don't find the way to disable downloads from that links (not manually, but using the SDK).

Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63544426/how-to-disable-download-from-shared-links-using-dropbox... ]

The Dropbox API doesn't currently offer the ability to set a link to disallow downloads, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63544426/how-to-disable-download-from-shared-links-using-dropbox... ]

The Dropbox API doesn't currently offer the ability to set a link to disallow downloads, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

yadavt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey @Greg-DB,

I was wondering it there's any update on this feature. It'd be a great plus for client privacy, which is one thing really holding back the application of the API in my case.

Thanks,
Tanush

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@yadavt No, unfortunately I don't have an update on this request yet.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    yadavt Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?