cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a document created in a Dropbox account is accesible to another account through an API

Why a document created in a Dropbox account is accesible to another account through an API

rahul104
Explorer | Level 3

I am creating a document with the Dropbox user "<Name 1 redacted>", but same document is accessible through API (docs/download) from another account "<Name 2 redacted>" (using access token). Both accounts are independent of each other(both are not member to each other).

Why this unexpected behavior is happening?

<Four screenshots redacted>

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Paper docs can be shared with other users, whether or not the other users are on the same team as the owner. In the example you shared, the second account does have access to the Paper doc, which is owned by the first account.

Also, I see you posted some personal information and (most of) an access token above, so I've redacted them from your post for your privacy and security.

If you're having any trouble with Dropbox Paper functionality or sharing, please reach out to support.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?