cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonToken.isStructStart()Z exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonToken.isStructStart()Z exception

skaros
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, I am developing a desktop application that will allow me to upload a file to my Db account, This is going to be executed on a VM. The problem is that even though it is working just fine on my computer, I am getting This strange exception when i run it on the VM.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonToken.isStructStart()Z
at com.dropbox.core.stone.StoneSerializer.skipValue(StoneSerializer.java:118)
at com.dropbox.core.ApiErrorResponse$Serializer.deserialize(ApiErrorResponse.java:62)
at com.dropbox.core.ApiErrorResponse$Serializer.deserialize(ApiErrorResponse.java:36)
at com.dropbox.core.stone.StoneSerializer.deserialize(StoneSerializer.java:66)
at com.dropbox.core.DbxWrappedException.fromResponse(DbxWrappedException.java:43)
at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2$1.execute(DbxRawClientV2.java:106)
at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2.executeRetriable(DbxRawClientV2.java:256)
at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2.rpcStyle(DbxRawClientV2.java:97)
at com.dropbox.core.v2.files.DbxUserFilesRequests.getMetadata(DbxUserFilesRequests.java:632)
at com.dropbox.core.v2.files.DbxUserFilesRequests.getMetadata(DbxUserFilesRequests.java:663)
at my.tools.dropbox.DropboxApi.exist(DropboxApi.java:292)
... 5 more

The line that is causing this is

Metadata a= client.files().getMetadata(path);

Do  you have any idea what might be the problem? I have been searching the internet with no luck!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skaros
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

That makes no sense to me, (mainly since it was working on my computer but not on the VM) but it seems that the problem was that  I am using the google sheet API on the same project, which is using the jackson library as well. So it seemed that there was some problem with the maven dependencies there. I directly imported both the dropbox and the google maven on the same project, and maven automatically managed to handle the dependencies. Initially i was importing it as a jar file, causing the problem.

Thanks for the hints

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
It's difficult to say off hand what the problem may be, but as it's only happening in one environment for you, and not the other, it sounds like it may be specific to the setup of that VM. Can you check that the Jackson library is installed properly there, and that you only have one version installed? You may also want to try upgrading it.

skaros
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

That makes no sense to me, (mainly since it was working on my computer but not on the VM) but it seems that the problem was that  I am using the google sheet API on the same project, which is using the jackson library as well. So it seemed that there was some problem with the maven dependencies there. I directly imported both the dropbox and the google maven on the same project, and maven automatically managed to handle the dependencies. Initially i was importing it as a jar file, causing the problem.

Thanks for the hints

ajay dhiman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can I get a look at your pom.xml so that I can understand how you managed to make both work. Because I'm getting the same issue.

The JacksonFactory dependency's version for both the APIs is different which is causing the issue in my case.

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ajay dhiman New member | Level 2
    skaros Helpful | Level 6
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?