cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

409 error while trying to use API abroad

409 error while trying to use API abroad

m0ckingbird
New member | Level 2

I've been using the Dropbox API in a desktop app in the statistical computing language R. It has worked beautifully while living in the United States. I'm staying in France for a few months, and I can no longer download files through the API. Every time I try, I get the error message: "Client error: (409) Conflict". Do I perhaps need to create a new token while abroad? Or perhaps there are EU restrictions on Dropbox access via the API? Just curious about why this error is occurring while abroad!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 409 error while trying to use API abroad

m0ckingbird
New member | Level 2

I refreshed/created a new token and it is working fine now. I can't seem to reproduce the previous error. I guess I just needed to re-authenticate? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Changing the location where you use an access token shouldn't result in a 409 error.

Can you print out the response body for the failed API call? It should contain a more useful error message.

m0ckingbird
New member | Level 2

I refreshed/created a new token and it is working fine now. I can't seem to reproduce the previous error. I guess I just needed to re-authenticate? 

View solution in original post

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

If the access token was invalid or revoked, that would have resulted in a 401 error.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear this is working now. If it happens again, please check the response body and let me know.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    m0ckingbird New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?