cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API call to Dropbox error

API call to Dropbox error

Davedionne
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’ve successfully sync my Dragon Dictate documents to Dropbox for months. Suddenly I’m getting the message “an unexpected error happened during the API call to Dropbox”. What’s wrong? How can I fix this??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you’re experiencing an issue with a third party application. Please reach out to the support organization for that app for help. If the developers of this app are having any trouble with the Dropbox API itself, they can reach out to Dropbox developer support directly with the relevant technical details.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you’re experiencing an issue with a third party application. Please reach out to the support organization for that app for help. If the developers of this app are having any trouble with the Dropbox API itself, they can reach out to Dropbox developer support directly with the relevant technical details.

GRDagonese
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am Having the same issue with DragonAnywhere. It came up out of nowhere.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@GRDagonese Please reach out to the creator of that app for support for it.

22-modifier
Explorer | Level 4

Anyone ever hear if this was fixed?

More recently it seems to give the error: "Could not read the content from the Dropbox server."

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@22-modifier It looks like there wasn't an update on this thread, and especially since you seem to be getting a slightly different error, I recommend reaching out directly to the maker of that app for help with it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    22-modifier Explorer | Level 4
    GRDagonese New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?