cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to link new users frozen at 0 linked users

Ability to link new users frozen at 0 linked users

rene2000
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I have just revisited an older app in the console and saw that currently the ability to add new users was frozen.

As no reason was given, I migrated the permissions as this was somehow suggested. It did not help. I unlinked all existing users. It did not help. I am now getting a notification asking me to configure app settings, select access scopes, and add branding which was all done long time ago (and it is still there).

As the message says "Ability to link additional users frozen (apply for production)" I clicked on "apply for production". Then I get the message that I must have at least one user who successfully used this, which is impossible as new users are frozen. 

I have no idea how I can solve this myself. Any suggestions?

René

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

API apps are frozen one they reach 500 linked users, or two weeks after reaching 50 linked users, whichever comes first. In order to unfreeze an app, you'll need to apply for and receive production for it. You can find more information on this process here.

The App Console also requires that the app be tested and so have at least one linked user before you can apply for production. Since you unlinked all of the users though, it sounds like that check is failing. The easiest way to fix that would be to relink a user account. Even when frozen, you can reconnect your own account, or any account that was already connected. (The freeze only prevents more accounts from being connected.)

If you need help with any particular app registration or the production review process, please feel free to open an API ticket here.

rene2000
Explorer | Level 3

Thx for your help. As nothing seemed to work, I have now set up a new app and started from scratch. 

René

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for following up. I'm sorry to hear the existing app didn't seem to work. We'll be happy to look into whatever issues you are or were running in to with the existing app if you'd like. In that case, you can open an API ticket here. Otherwise feel free to use your new app of course.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    rene2000 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?