cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Teamfolder via API

Access Teamfolder via API

getit
New member | Level 2

Hello there,

currently I'am trying to get access to our Team-Folder via the API, but I have some troubles with that.. I'am using the authentication via Access-token and the connection works, but I didn't find a way to see the full team workspace. Either I only see the home folder from the user who created the access-token or I only get a "Team_shared_folder". I already tried it with the 'Dropbox-API-Select-Admin' in combination with the member_id of a Team-Admin and with 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' in combination with different namespace_ids in Header. 

e.g.:

calling ../2/team/team_folder/list 
only with authentication in Header, response with

{team_folders: Array(1), cursor: "AADzUBJG4-_...", has_more: false}
cursor: "AADzUBJG4-..."
has_more: false
team_folders: Array(1)
0:
content_sync_settings: []
is_team_shared_dropbox: true
name: "Ihr Team's shared workspace"
sync_setting: {.tag: "default"}
team_folder_id: "263521..."
__proto__: Object
length: 1
__proto__: Array(0)
__proto__: Object
calling ../2/team/team_folder/list 
with authentication and 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' => [".tag" => "namespace_id", "namespace_id" => 263521...]  in Header, response with

{team_folders: Array(1), cursor: "AABKGcil8JPcyA7...", has_more: false}
cursor: "AABKGcil8JPcyA..."
has_more: false
team_folders: Array(1)
0: {team_folder_id: "2635...", name: "Ihr Team's shared workspace", status: {…}, is_team_shared_dropbox: true, sync_setting: {…}, …}
length: 1
__proto__: Array(0)
__proto__: Object

Do I have to use a OAuth2 user-auth? I'am a bit frustrated.. don't find my failure 😕

EDIT: I found this Link: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-Support-Feedback/How-to-list-the-contents-of-a-team-folder/td-p/...

And I noticed, that I have issues with ../2/files/list_folder[/continue] in combination with the 'Dropbox-API-Select-User' header,too. I tried it with the team_member_id and account_id from .../2/users/get_current_account . I get a bad request back for it.. Don't know why 😕

4 Replies 4

TomášPetrlík
Explorer | Level 4

I am also having similar problem where I can list team folders but can´t write to them because all of the content is uploaded to private folder.

getit
New member | Level 2

You can remove this thread 🙂 

The problem isn't the API, but the libs I use. I tried the call with an curl tool and it worked perfect. Sorry for this. I think the lib didn't send the request content as json and produce the error.

TomášPetrlík
Explorer | Level 4

Would you mind contacting me on <redacted by admin>  ? I would like to discuss this further as I did not fixed it yet.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@getit I'm glad to hear you already sorted this out. I'll close this thread.

@TomášPetrlík I'll follow up with you on the thread you opened here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-Support-Feedback/Sharing-Add-button/m-p/329409#M19264 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    TomášPetrlík Explorer | Level 4
    getit New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?