cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else getting intermittent 500 error responses from Dropbox Paper?

Anybody else getting intermittent 500 error responses from Dropbox Paper?

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am using the Dropbox Paper endpoint: https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/paper/docs/download but today, for whatever reason, am getting ~5-10 500 responses (over the course of downloading ~50 documents). This has never happened before, nor do I see any status issue being reported on the Dropbox Status page - Paper is still in the green.

I even increased the time between requests that were being made to the API to 5 seconds, without any success.

Maybe somebody else has had a similar issue and knows what I need to do to resolve it, or if I should just expect normal service to resume in a day or so. Any responses are appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, that's helpful. Yes, it looks like these were related to a server issue on our side, but should be back to normal now. Please let me know if you see this come up again though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! Can you please share a few X-Dropbox-Request-Id response header values for these failures? That will help me look into this for you. Thanks in advance.

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sure!

- bd202224737c93cba14df64730f85513

- c45700f0cabb98c0f02e90b5f2adc083

- 5e7122a23c06a512418d06da3c1f6853

I was able to work around the issue this weekend by adding a retry mechanism to my API calls - however, I believe a deploy was done on your part perhaps an hour ago, as after I got the ids I added here, I was unable to repro the 500s even without the retry mechanism.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, that's helpful. Yes, it looks like these were related to a server issue on our side, but should be back to normal now. Please let me know if you see this come up again though.

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you! Will do.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mrwordsmith Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?