cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ApiException`1: path/conflict/folder/ error on fresh installation of SimpleTest

ApiException`1: path/conflict/folder/ error on fresh installation of SimpleTest

donaldp
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Was having some issues with Dropbox, so decided to go back to basics, and found even SimpleTest wasn't working, so I deleted and recloned, changed only the apikey in SimpleTest, and this time I managed to get the app authoristion screen to come up (wasn't getting that far before), so all appeared to be working now... until this -

System.AggregateException
HResult=0x80131500
Message=One or more errors occurred.
Source=mscorlib
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at SimpleTest.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Users\Donald\Source\Repos\dropbox-sdk-dotnet\dropbox-sdk-dotnet\Examples\SimpleTest\Program.cs:line 47

Inner Exception 1:
ApiException`1: path/conflict/folder/.

As noted, this is a fresh installation of dropbox-sdk-dotnet (I deleted the whole folder before recloning), so there shouldn't be any problems with existing folders. What do I need to do to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This error message indicates that the operation (e.g., uploading a file or creating a folder) couldn't be completed because there is already a folder at the specified path.

The .NET SDK 'SimpleTest' examples uses a folder named "DotNetApi" in the root of the connected Dropbox account to store the test files, so this error would be referring to that folder (or something under that folder), not the "dropbox-sdk-dotnet" SDK folder itself. (If the app key is for an app with the "app folder" permission, this would be created inside the special "app folder", by default at /Apps/<app folder name>, automatically made for the app.)

To avoid this, you can delete the entire "DotNetApi" folder in the connected Dropbox account to start over.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This error message indicates that the operation (e.g., uploading a file or creating a folder) couldn't be completed because there is already a folder at the specified path.

The .NET SDK 'SimpleTest' examples uses a folder named "DotNetApi" in the root of the connected Dropbox account to store the test files, so this error would be referring to that folder (or something under that folder), not the "dropbox-sdk-dotnet" SDK folder itself. (If the app key is for an app with the "app folder" permission, this would be created inside the special "app folder", by default at /Apps/<app folder name>, automatically made for the app.)

To avoid this, you can delete the entire "DotNetApi" folder in the connected Dropbox account to start over.

donaldp
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Ah, I hadn't even noticed it had put that folder there. Deleted and fixed. Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

donaldp Collaborator | Level 9
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?