cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: App Folders and Business access

App Folders and Business access

BPM_Steve
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am hoping someone can help with this as I am not getting anywhere and am being past from pillar to post between support desks! Previously I have a variety of 3rd party apps intergrated with my personal dropbox - one being Zapier for example. Since upgrading to Business Zapier and every other 3rd party app can only see my 'personal' files in my dropbox account and not the 'team' files. There doesnt appear to be any setting that allows this access, Zapier blame Dropbox, Dropbox blame Zapier - so hoping that there will be some techies on here that acutally have experience in creating such apps - what needs to happen here? Is this a setting on our dropbox account or is this the way these apps have connected via the API.

Probabably worth mentioning I am an Admin of said Dropbox account.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

19 Replies 19

Thomasbackdrops
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox.  To say push it onto the App developer seems so silly.  I don't understand why Dropbox isn't looking at features that are in their bigger competitors features and simply integrating them.  Cantos is a perfect example.  Why can't I in dropbox click on any file and say I want it associated with X, Y or Z folder but not actually have to make a complete new duplicate of the file.  It seems quite a simple task compared to going through the extremly tedious task of doing a Zapier for each folder or other method.  I've read soooooo many complaints about not having a feature like this.  The copy feature in business is great but once you've copied it....forget it unless you have some way of syncing the copy that for some silly reason isn't available in dropbox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Thomasbackdrops Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it along.

jandrasko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
All- I figured out a very easy solution for this related to the PDF Expert app. Simply share your teams folder with your personal Dropbox account. After doing this, both your Dropbox Pro folder(s) and your personal folder(s) will sync with PDF Expert. This obviously requires that your organization permits folder sharing with members outside your team. Good luck!

ny1979
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue Steve. I'm an admin of a business plan, two team members. One of the services I use organizes the files within my purple "personal" folder within dropbox as opposed to higher level such that it's not a team folder. how can I fix this

BPM_Steve
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Morning,

Some 3rd-party apps are starting to support seperate business and personal folders. I know Zapier are for example which could help you. For a long time I had to use GoodSync to sync the folder in the personal folder with one in the Business folder. You can set it to sync on change meaning you can set it up and forget about it. If you need any help, let me know.

ny1979
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Zapier while great will still be imprecise and inexact. Am I the only dropbox user who doesn't like that there are by default private spaces? I contacted the company that makes the app and they acknowledged my issue and said it would be submitted as  feature request but basically they didn't offer to do anything else

sojourner16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same problem.  My workaround on a Mac was to setup an Automator task that watches my personal Dropbox folder and the moment a file is added to it from Zapier, the Automator moves that file on my corresponding teams folder.  Works flawlessly but still would be far better to have Zapier be able to see my Team spaces in addition to my Personal space.

Refined I.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Perhaps Dropbox should get it together and create a Zap that works for business accounts.  We're paying for Dropbox, should be a priority and not something that sits unresolved for years.

GB1984
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi! 

I've ran into the same problem and would you mind sharing your automator setup as I haven't used that application before? 🙂 

Thank you,

George

KevinAi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This sounded like such a good workaround, but so far it still doesn't work 😞 either for the pro account or the personal account I've shared it with.  I'm wanting Zapier to trigger.

Need more support?