cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application connected to DropBox lost connexion

Application connected to DropBox lost connexion

Pixcel
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have a problem with an application (ISaveMoney) connected in my Dropbox account with Android smartphone.

I can connect into DropBox through this application.
I can see DropBox datas and create datas in DropBox through this application.
This application is into "allow application" in my Dropbox account.

But about every 4 hours, the connexion to DropBox in the application is lost and I must login again into DropBox through the application... I do that everyday...

I have some other applications linked with DropBox like MS Office and I don't need to login every 4 hours into DropBox through these applications.

Can someone explain to me how the application connected in Dropbox works? I contacted the support from the application and they talk about a token but I don't know how it works and I think I can't do nothing myself?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Pixcel wrote:

Can someone explain to me how the application connected in Dropbox works? I contacted the support from the application and they talk about a token but I don't know how it works and I think I can't do nothing myself?

Hi @Pixcel,

Yes, your information is correct. Most probably it's going word to an old version of your application. In past Dropbox used to authenticate application connection with one type of token (long lived access token). Recently this type of authentication becomes deprecated and now it's dropped already. Despite existing tokens are keep valid, new can't be created! In present new type of access token is used for long time application links (refresh token). You don't have to be aware of details, but if your application support only the old authentication type and you unlink it, on next link the regular token will be valid only for 4 hours (as you are signaling). Try update your application to latest available version. Let's hope the missing feature has been added there. If you are having the same issue still after update, contact the application's (ISaveMoney) developers and signal to them. Only they can fix it (if it is not yet); you can't do anything but signaling.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Pixcel wrote:

Hi @Pixcel,

Yes, your information is correct. Most probably it's going word to an old version of your application. In past Dropbox used to authenticate application connection with one type of token (long lived access token). Recently this type of authentication becomes deprecated and now it's dropped already. Despite existing tokens are keep valid, new can't be created! In present new type of access token is used for long time application links (refresh token). You don't have to be aware of details, but if your application support only the old authentication type and you unlink it, on next link the regular token will be valid only for 4 hours (as you are signaling). Try update your application to latest available version. Let's hope the missing feature has been added there. If you are having the same issue still after update, contact the application's (ISaveMoney) developers and signal to them. Only they can fix it (if it is not yet); you can't do anything but signaling.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?