cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a Dropbox for Business Admin, can I access every member's files via the API?

As a Dropbox for Business Admin, can I access every member's files via the API?

havetoregister
Helpful | Level 6

I understand that via the Admin UI I can use the 'Sign In As' feature to get access to user's files/folders.

However I would like to know if I, with Admin capabilities, can programmatically get a list of every user and loop through all of their files/folders via the HTTP API (or even Java/Python API)?

Can this be done? I can't find where every file/folder belonging to every user in an organisation is consolidated in one place for the admin to access.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, if you register an app for the Dropbox Business API "Team member file access" permission, you can use the "Member file access" feature to access the contents of each/any team member account.

For example, you can list the team members using /2/team/members/list[/continue], and for each/any member, download files using /2/files/download.

Those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?