cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to relink Dropbox? keeps recurring

Attempt to relink Dropbox? keeps recurring

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9

I updated my iOS app to use the latest Dropbox SDK over the weekend, and initially it seemed fine.  But now I notice that whenever I go someplace new and reopen my app, it says my Dropbox account is no longer connected and I have to relink it.  Any idea what would cause that to happen?  The app thinks it is linked to an unknown account, until I unlink and then relink it.

It is not just a matter of restarting the app. If I terminate and relaunch, then it works.  It seems to be maybe when I switch WiFi networks that triggers it. I'm not sure...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

11 Replies 11

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9

So, I migrated my account.   And when passing 'nil' for the scope argument, I can unlink, then relink, and it works.

If I want to start using the scope argument then I just need to figure out which scopes I'm using and pass them all there when I call authorize? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can pass the scopes explicitly to the scopeRequest parameter on authorizeFromControllerV2, but it's not technically required. Once you've migrated an app to scopes, the scopes you have selected will be the default and maximum scopes that can be used by that app. If you pass pass nil to the scopeRequest parameter on authorizeFromControllerV2, it will default to that set of scopes. You can also set the scopeRequest parameter on authorizeFromControllerV2 to take a subset of those scopes if/when that makes sense for your app (e.g., if it only needs to use a subset of that functionality in any particular scenario).

As a security best practice, you should enable only the specific scopes necessary for all of the functionality used by your app.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Bob S.15 Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?