cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# to get access token

C# to get access token

navinkumar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Error  Message :Additional information: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

i am developing  an application in Asp.net mvc to integrate drobbox .

i am creating my web service to get access token from the dropbox by this following  method 

public string PostRequest(string postUrl, string contentType, string parameter, string access_token)
{
using (WebClient client = new WebClient())
{
client.Headers[HttpRequestHeader.ContentType] = contentType;
if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(access_token))
client.Headers["Authorization"] = access_token;
string result = client.UploadString(postUrl, parameter);
return result;
}
}

here though  i pass all the parameters i get error .

it does not throw error while checking in Insomnia  client -- getting the accesstoken perfectly .

Help me to fix the issue..

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

when i run my application i get an error message Additional information: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

- the name and version of the platform and SDK/library you are using.
- the steps to reproduce the issue, including the rest of the relevant code snippet(s).
- the full text of the error/any output. (Feel free to include screenshots if it helps.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

- the name and version of the platform and SDK/library you are using.
- the steps to reproduce the issue, including the rest of the relevant code snippet(s).
- the full text of the error/any output. (Feel free to include screenshots if it helps.)

navinkumar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

c#code.JPGCapture.JPG

Thanks for your Reply ,

This is what my code used  to get access token .

I am using Visual Studio version 2015.

I get access token if  I pass same parameters in Insomnia , it throws  no issue in running Insomnia.

Regards and Thanks ,

Naveen 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately this screenshot doesn't offer much more information, so I can't say what the issue is. For example, I don't see what the "UploadString" method is doing.

If you can share the 'X-Dropbox-Request-Id' response header value at least, I may be able to investigate based on that.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    navinkumar Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?